Vertigo Tour: U2 in Concert
Everytime I hear a U2 song being played on the radio, I feel a deep sense of regret. I have always been a big fan of this band for as long as I can remember. I love their songs, and I so love Bono!!!! He truly knows how to rock!
When I heard that U2 is going to have a concert in San Francisco on April 9th, I felt giddy with excitement! I will finally be able to hear my favorite band play. I asked some friends if they wanted to watch them in concert but I guess I'm the only rocker around here, tee-hee! My roommate L has friends visiting from Australia on that weekend. Neighbor R said it's her SIL's birthday that day so they're going out to celebrate. I'm torn between watching alone, or not seeing them at all!
As soon as their tickets were released to the general public, they sold like hotcakes. People actually camped out to get some. And so, by the time I'm ready to get a couple (will just beg a friend to see it with me, hehehe!), they're gone - as in SOLD OUT!!!!!! You can just imagine how disappointed I was then, especially hearing Bono at the Grammy's when he apologized to the fans who couldn't get any more tickets - thanks Bono, I'm one of them fans!
I searched ebay hoping for some tickets at a reasonable price, but I couldn't find any in SFO anymore. They have tickets selling in Chicago, LA, and some other states, but not around here. What's outrageous is the prices they're selling it for. Would you believe they're going for $500 a piece, and people are actually buying them?! What irritated me is the fact that there people like me who would like to get tickets because I'd like to actually see the show, but can't get anymore, while there are vultures out there would hoard tons of tickets to auction off to the highest bidder. They're making an easy profit out of someone else's suffering!!!!
Oh well, just venting out I guess. I'm hoping this isn't their last tour because I swear, even if I have to camp out the next time, I will... just so I can see them in concert!
Hmmm, it's St. Patrick's day today, and what do you know, I'm blogging about an Irish band. Is it coincidence or what?! Happy St. Patty's Day anyway!
2 comments:
i hear u there. damn vultures. not to worry, you'll be able to watch them next time, hopefully :)
have ablessed holy week!
hi hanagirl, i hope you had a meaningful lenten season. happy easter!
fickle, i heard 'bout that. they deserved it though! :)
Post a Comment