Today of all days, Ma had the sniffles. I was so worried last night because she wasn't able to attend the J's birthday dinner since she wasn't feeling well. I needed to go to work today. It was our big install. So this morning, while I was washing Kail's bottles and preparing his things for the day, I was close to tears. The tears wouldn't fall though - maybe because I was just too tired, too stressed out, and too sleep-deprived to be emotional.
I asked whether she wanted to take the day to rest and reccuperate but she said she's ok to take care of Kail. I was prepared to call Auntie C (thanks J) to beg her to take care of Kail today. I really needed to come to work because I was on support. I'd probably lose my job if I don't show up - so there, it's that critical! In the end, I conceded because I saw Kail sound asleep. It just breaks my heart that I have to work and not be able to stay home like other moms can.
Tomorrow's another day… and yes, I also need to go to work.
My life as a working mom sometimes sucks! But everytime I see Kail happy and smiling and healthy, I just couldn't complain. He makes all the sacrifices worth my while.
2 comments:
aww mickee, you know the proverbial grass that's greener on the other side? it's true. i'm a SAHM but there are times when i wish i were a super mom like you. i think i have it easy, so i'm very much in awe of moms like you.
we all know that you're working very hard for kail, and that's what really matters. at the end of the day, everything will pay off, and you'll be suprised at your own resilience. take care always! :)
I love your last paragraph. I used to say that to myself everyday when Mikah was still a baby and I would come home late from work and so tired.
Mikah's big na kasi eh. I miss having a baby around the house. Saan ba makakabili nyan? Haha ;)
Post a Comment