These past few days, news of financial gloom and doom have hit the headlines. You cannot help but feel depressed of it all. The world's economic giant is finally falling on its knees! The stock market has hit the fan. I dare not even look at my 401K anymore!
In the homefront, I have been doing a lot of calculations lately, doing my very best to stick within budget as even our dollars feel battered and torn in this economic chaos. We have been doing our part to save on utilities. I heard in Oprah show yesterday that unplugging unused appliances can save on electricity, so I've started doing that. We have programmed our sprinkler system to twice a week now. We maintain a list of groceries whenever we go to the store and we make sure we stick to that list. We try to go to the groceries with a full stomach so we won't be tempted to buy unnecessarily. We have avoided eating out. Every little bit counts.
Yesterday morning, as Kail moved to our bed, I realized that at the end of the day, everything that mattered to me most are in that bed - my husband and my two kids. As we are also undergoing some trying times, I am confident that everything will come to pass, and that the Lord will guide our way out. I believe that when the Lord turns our lives upside down, it is because He has something better planned.
1 comment:
haay sis, ako rin scared! ano ba yan!
i've got a new blog pala...
http://livingmyotherlife.wordpress.com
mwah mwah
Post a Comment