Thursday, July 22, 2004

Hi-ho, hi-ho, off to work we go....

A teammate today asked "is leadership stressing you out?", to which I replied with a shrug. 

To tell you honestly, it's really stressful, but I can't complain. For one, I still have a job (while dozens are losing theirs everyday). Next, I just got a promotion, and the bar has been lifted up in terms of expectations. Third, it's truly a big release - the biggest our company has ever seen so far. Fourth, I'm not the only one stressed. Everyone in our department is working as hard - we just have a lot on our plates right now. Lastly, that only meant I can see myself employed for the next few months, so long as projects keep coming. 

There was a time in the past when being overworked is not a good thing. People leave the company when they feel they're being run down to the point of exhaustion. Now, being overworked meant you have a job. 

You just have to take each day as it comes, and look at the brigher side of things.

No comments: