Yesterday was a very emotional day for me. I had to drag Kail out of bed by 5:40am, was on the road by 5:45, and dropped him off Auntie C’s house by 6am. By 6:05, I was back on the road on my way to work. While driving away, I was really crying. I feel bad having to take Kail out on a 51 degree weather but I don’t have a choice because I have to go to work. Even when Kail was his usual happy self, humming and baby talking, it still didn’t change what I felt.
J said it best – we do what we gotta do. If we had a choice, we wouldn’t do it otherwise. It’s true, I don’t have a choice. I have to work because my son is depending on me, and I’m depending on me, and my whole family is depending on me.
Come to think of it, I have simple dreams. I just want to be able to stay at home, watch my kids grow, and be able to take care of them.
I couldn’t help but count down for retirement – which is eons away!!!! Wish I could win the lottery!
2 comments:
Oh you're going to make me cry :(. I promise you, it gets easier..not totally easier, but it gets a TAD bit easier. And he's safe, and he's happy and he'll be happy at the end of the day when he sees you. Hang in there. I'll see you this weekend?
i was praying na i'd win the lottery, pero sige na nga, hati tayo :D *hugs* you're going to be alright, and everything's going to be alright. :)
Post a Comment