Baby Things Shopping Spree
I went to a knitting specialty store in Downtown Napa on Sunday to buy the required needle size for my knitting class on Oct. 15. For some reason, I couldn't find that size in either Michael's or Joann's so I had to go to a specialty store. Unfortunately, they're closed on Sundays and Mondays. But, guess what's open? Cribs 'N Bibs - it's a baby stuff specialty store. They carry items you would never find in Toys 'R Us or Babies 'R Us.
I gawked at this beautiful crib and matching drawers/changing station made of pure wood - tea stain color. It's convertible to a toddler bed too. What's more, they're on sale for 15% off. The manager told me that those were their last pair. If I don't buy those soon and they get sold, they'd have to special order them for me - which will be at a regular price. I tried to veer away from them but I keep going back so I figured, I'd buy a crib sooner or later anyway so why not make it sooner? In short, I bought the set which will be delivered and assembled on Sunday. So now we're on the race to organize the nursery (which is currently the computer room).
Next, I was looking at the colors I want for strollers when I saw this versatile playpen. It has a bassinet with cover that you can take off (when you want to bring the baby to a picnic). Then there's a changing station on the side with slots for wet wipes and diapers. There's a 10% discount off of that. To make the story short, I ended up buying that piece too. The playpen will stay in the family room so that when I'm downstairs scrapping or watching TV, the baby can stay in the bassinet. My worry was that if I lay him down the couch, he'd fall down when he's big enough to roll over. The playpen would be perfect too because as he gets older, he could stay there and play with his toys.
I emailed hubz about these purchases and he replied back commenting on how lucky this baby is. I must agree. He's got the top of the line gadgets and baby stuff right at his fingertips (of course, that would still depend on whether we'll give in to buying those for him). While I grew up with good old fashioned duyan made of abaca which is prone to tilting, he'd have a beautiful crib fit for a king (at least I thought so). I was even teasing hubz that this crib is the same price as my bed!
My roommate told me not to buy any more stuff because they're planning on giving me a baby shower anyway. I've been to dozens of baby showers in the past and a crib, drawers with changing station, playpen are not the sort of gifts you give to a baby shower, so maybe, they were wise purchases after all, or is it just the shopaholic in me justifying my spending?
Sigh, all the things you'd do for your child.
5 comments:
i so totally agree with you mickee. kahit wala na pera, if para ke rue, sige lang ah...bili lang ng bili...
excited na ako!!! kelan ka baby shower? ende mo na ba ako maantay, siguro mga june nandiyan na ako...hahhahah...
Wow, you are attending a knitting class. Cool, I have knitted before but I was into crochet more. Made lots of stuff.
Ok lang yan. I remember shopping the the very day I learned I was pregnant. hahaha! What can we do? We're shopahilics!:)
Nothing is too expensive, too nice, too much for your little one! And it's ok - we all feel that way with our babies. I did major researches on gadget and stuff while pregnant - and I still do! I'm anal that way when it comes to Jake's stuff :). If you have time (I can go with you if you want..) - check out Lullaby Lane in Redwood City. We got our nursery furniture there. It's true, during showers the big ticket stuff is usually given by parents of the parents-to-be and the friends give whatever else is on the list. I soooo love buying baby stuff. Let me know if you need a shopping buddy :).
Ate June - January naman ang EDD ko... ikaw na lang mag-move ng dating mo dito... :)
Angelove - I'm into anything "crafts". I'm such a homebody kasi and I enjoy being domesticated... :)
Hanagirl - Shopaholic ka talaga ever! Imagine, shopping the day you learned you were pregnant! I was holding back kasi I still couldn't believe I'm finally preggy... :)
Josephine - might take you up on your offer to be my shopping buddy. I'd have to wait until after the baby shower though para I'll only buy those that I don't have. That would have to be my 8th or 9th month - by then, baka takot na ako to drive as far as Redwood. Baka dyaan ako abutan ng labor eh sa kotse pa ako mapaanak, hehehe! You might want to check out Bibs 'N Cribs too. They have cool stuff, and it's in Downtown Napa so sarap to just walk around.
Post a Comment