Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I got the result of my glucose tolerance testing a couple of weeks ago and I was told I tested positive for gestational diabetes! This was a surprise because I didn't have one with Kail. I guess age may have a lot to do with this since I'm turning 35 this year! I have friends who didn't have one on their previous pregnancies but was tested positive on their recent ones. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a nutritionist for the prescribed diet. I also have to prick myself a few times a day to check my blood sugar. Bummer! All those sweet stuff I ate during the holidays finally caught up on me!

************

I need a new cellphone. My treo 600 isn't bluetooth capable so soon, I wouldn't be able to use it while driving.Here are the phones I'm eyeing:

The Blackberry Curve 8310:
The Palm Treo 750:

The Apple iPhone:
We visited The Apple Store last weekend and I heart the iPhone! My only concern is the price.

So what do you think bloggers, if you were in my shoes, which would you choose?

*************

I am surprised to find myself actually working on fulfilling my goals (others call them resolutions) for the year. I won't divulge them yet until I've completed them so as not to jinx a good start. Wish me luck to be able to complete one of them before I give birth, and the other one before my birthday in September... ;)

*************

We're off to Vegas on Friday with some friends. I am in need of this break because I've been stressed thin on our Feb. 22 install. Yes, I am taking off before we go into Production for a much-needed respite. But no, we're not going to Vegas to gamble. I just think that we needed to get away as a family before I give birth in May, otherwise, we may not be able to go at all. Besides, we have our timeshare week expiring this year so we might as well use them since we're paying for a very expensive maintenance fee anyway.

*************

I got tagged by Gem! I'd post the reply when we get back. Sorry Gem - things have just been pretty hectic!

'Til my next sari-saring post, possibly when we get back from Vegas!

4 comments:

MrsPartyGirl said...

as a long time palm user, i am actually partial to the palm 750 kasi aside from it being bluetooth capable, it's also a 3g phone. unfortunately, i just had a very bad experience dealing with the Palm Support people and the hassle was just to unbelievable. i think you should consider that, too.

tapos tyempo naman that i was just talking to hubby about the iphone kanina lang. he was telling me na the six people sa office niya who all have iphones are so regretting having bought the it. (in their words: "this phone suuuuucks!!!") :P also, at&t does not give an insurance option for it. hubby and i think that it's because they foresee a lot of bugs in the future. buyer beware? :D siguro better wait for the second gen iphone. by then hopefully they may have already fixed any bugs, as well as increased the memory. :)

as for the blackberry, the only thing not going for it is it's not 3g capable. its a cute phone but may easily become obsolete soon.

yikes, geek speak.

anyway, enjoy vegas! *muah*

Mickee said...

Hi Meeya, I read your blog about your frustrations over Palm Support people. At first, I was really bent on the Treo 750 kasi nga I was replacing another Treo. It served my purpose well. But, I lost heart when I read your blog, kaya I researched some more.

Thanks for the tips on the iPhone and Blackberry. I guess I just have to wait and see for now. Hopefully Apple took note of all the user feedback.

So ano na nga ang nangyari sa phone mo? Are you sticking with your Treo 750 or are you also in the prawl for a new one? ;)

MrsPartyGirl said...

i (finally) received my replacement phone three days ago lang and it's working ok naman (so far, hehe). we stopped dealing with the Palm Support people in pinas and just got in touch directly with their office here in the US. hopefully, it will be a while before i talk to any of them again, hehe.

and yup, i'm on the lookout for a new phone. nagtya-tyaga ako with the palm for now pero i don't want to wait until it gets broken again. hubby and i are eyeing the nokia nseries phones (ako particularly the n96). have you tried looking at those?

Lei said...

Hi Mick!!! ouch i feel for you with the Gestational Diabetes.Kasi wala naman ako nun for Joshwa.. kaunting tiis na lang the baby will be there before you know it..