Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's my 8th year anniversary as an employee at the V (but my 10th year if you count my contractor days). Am I thankful? You bet I am! A lot of good things came my way from working here. I have also learned so many things in the process, and have won a lot of friends as well. I can honestly say that though I am part of the minority, they never treated me otherwise. My skills accounted for the respect I have gotten from my co-workers regardless of whether I was educated in a third world country. Working here had been both a rewarding and a fulfilling part of my career.

To those who know me, I do not stay beyond the 2-year mark in any company so this is quite an exception. Why? Because they pay well and they treat their employees fairly. If you're good and hardworking, your efforts will be rewarded. The benefits are awesome - among the best I've seen so far in the Bay Area.

So here's to many, many more years of employment at the V (hopefully my job doesn't get outsourced).

************

I am having a tough time breathing these days. Whenever I take the train, I feel I'm being suffocated. I keep tossing and turning on my seat. My OB said this is normal because my uterus is pushing my lungs as the baby grows.

I am also feeling strain on my legs. Could it be that I'm having another big baby? I'm only on my 29th week and I feel I'm waddling already!

Whenever I stretch out at night, you bet leg cramps will follow!

As far as sleeping goes, I cannot seem to find a good position either.

And the backaches are becoming more and more constant. Thank God for a husband who gives a good rub in the back!

Sigh, I still have a long way to go! Oh, please don't think I'm complaining. I'd do anything for the baby!

4 comments:

MrsPartyGirl said...

and here they said that the second pregnancy gets easier, hehe. i feel for you mickee! *hugs*

Mickee said...

Mama Meeya, for me it got harder... siguro because of age na rin.

Mum2Two said...

HI Mickee... hay ako rin at around that time i felt exactly the same pero as all mums do, sakripisyo lang para sa anak... im due any time now pero heto waiting pa rin at mukhang o-over pa ata sa 40wks... just wanna say take it easy and wishing you a safe delivery later... any pics of your 2nd pregnancy? you take care ok... hugs from down under(syd,aus)

Mickee said...

Hi Jigi, I'm so ashamed to post photos of my pregnancy because I feel and look like a whale, hahaha! Auey will take maternity portraits on April 5 though. I'll post the link when the pictures are available.

Malapit ka na... it's just a matter of days now. Lakad lang ng lakad para ma-trigger ang labor. Time to walk every inch of your favorite mall... ;)