Call me "The Bag Lady"
I get these funny looks everyday. Men, women, even children eyeing me with curiosity because I'm hauling a minimum of two bags a day. First, a shoulder bag which contained my necessities and valuables. Second, a bigger shoulder bag which contained a walkman (for the audio books I listen to while on the train), work papers that I take home with me daily, the book that I'm currently reading (mostly hardbound). You can just imagine the weight of both on my shoulders. Add to the pack my lunch bag. Then, from time to time, I'm trotting with me a gym bag as well! No wonder people look at me like I'm a little off. Even I know I looked hilarious!
Why all these bags? For as long as I could remember, I have carried with me several bags, and heavy ones at that! From my school days where I have to haul them up the stairs (to the 4th or 5th floor) up until now, and even when I travel. Some people have security blankets, I think I have what you call "security bags". I feel nude if I don't have even a single bag or a purse with me - even on little trips to the grocery.
I remembered being teased that I have our whole house in my bag. My classmates would even hush themselves (when talking out loud) because "I have my mom sleeping inside one of my bags". To pay tribute to all the bags - big and small - I carry with me everyday, I was christened by a teammate as being "the bag lady".
So, when you see someone as weird looking as I do with all those bags in tow, think of me, will you?
4 comments:
I will. promise I will. :D
have a great dang mickee
:)
that's still better than the love of my life, who seem to always end up with plastic bags (not even the fancy papare bags eh)... thus, my cousins call him plastic man :D
Hi Mec,
Funny you mentioned "plastic man" 'coz my ex-officemates used to tease hubz na baduy daw 'coz he has his lunch in a plastic bag, and he's not ashamed to carry it, hehehe!
Cheers, Mickee
Post a Comment