Saturday, August 28, 2004

Don't say bad words

That was my parents telling us not to say bad words. Once there was this fad in school that you're cool if you utter the prohibited words. My mom heard me swearing at home and she slapped me so hard in the face that her fingers made a mark on my cheeks. Boy did I learn my lesson!

I was at Blockbuster's today renting some movies for the weekend. Two teenage girls in front of me caught my eye because they're wearing the tiniest shorts I've ever seen, not to mention the very revealing shirt. They also have piercings on their face and on their bellybuttons. And oh, they have tattoos too! I noticed that I wasn't the only one looking because everyone else gawked at them when they uttered the "f" word. They were so upset because they were charged late fees for the 6 DVDs (or games) they returned today (that are due yesterday?!). They insisted they've returned it on time but didn't drop them on the dropbox - duh?! Also, the cashier insisted that there's one game missing from the bunch. Of course they got upset again and swore some more! In the end, they just stormed out of the store.

What does their parents teach them?! They have no respect for their elders! Pity because they're both pretty. I wanted to smack them right then and there but of course I restrained myself. When they left, everyone in line had something to say about that incident. I guess their attitude is a reflection of how their parents raised them.

I'm glad my mom pacified me when she heard me swearing.

No comments: