Monday, August 09, 2004

Confessions of a Library-holic

If there's a frequent library visitor award, I'd probably be vying for the title. Not only do I frequent the city library, but I borrow tons of reading materials, or CDs, or DVDs, even audio books. I'm there almost everyday - especially on days when they close at 9pm.

They say that 90% of the library's funds are coming from property taxes. Boy, am I making the most of what I'm paying for!!!!

Ok, so I love libraries. Even in college, if you need to find me, just go to the library and I'll be there. I just love to read - books, magazines, or whatever I can put my hands on really. Growing up, we didn't have money to buy books that are not a necessity for school, and so, to satiate my appetite for reading, I'd find my way to the school library and immerse myself on tons of them. Maybe they're to blame for my constant daydreams too!

One good thing about my commute to work is that I get a lot of time to read. Since I take the train and then a bus to work, I have hours to kill. I read on the train, then take a short nap on the bus going to work. On my way home, I take a nap on the bus, read while waiting for the train, listen to audio tapes on the train. Funny because on my way to work in the morning, I have no problem reading while the train is moving. Going home though, I get dizzy if I read. That's where the audio books come in.

No comments: