I'm a sucker for a good love story. I love watching romantic movies. I enjoy reading romantic novels. As a little girl, dreams of a handsome prince sweeping me off my feet kept me up until late at night.
I met hubz more than ten years ago because of a common friend who introduced us to each other. If someone told me then that we'd end up getting married someday, I would've rolled my eyes, laughed, and shrugged it off. Ours wasn't a perfect realtionship - it was a tumultuous one! I was as stubborn as a bull (living up to my Ox sign). A lot of times, I can sense he wanted so much to give up on me. I'm sure glad he didn't though!
After we got married, I was more in love with my husband than ever before. I love the feeling of waking up in his arms. You can just imagine how cold I feel now that I'm back to SFO on my own. There's no better feeling in the world than to spend your lifetime with someone you love more than life itself.
To tell you the truth, I have a hard time imagining myself being just a plain housewife. So it surprised me how I could voluntarily adjust to being domesticated. Last year, when he went to work, and I was home, I'd make sure I have his breakfast prepared. We would dine together before he goes off to work. I would also prepare the clothes he'd wear for work. I even made sure I prepared his lunch. After work, I make it a point to be home to ask how his day went, or give him a little shoulder and back massage. It was a great feeling being a wife. In fact, I'd gladly give up my professional life any day if I will be asked to choose between being a wife (and a future mom) over my career.
Being apart from him is just something I will never get used to. If I used to smile when I watch or read love stories, I would now shed tears. I wish ours is as easy as those written on books, or seen on movies.
This year, we will be celebrating our tenth year anniversary. As I look forward to fifty or so more, I just want to express how much I love my guy. Everyday, I pray that immigration laws will soon change so we could be together faster.
I'm a long distance wife. People still ask how I do it. I take it one day at a time. I may look brave on the outside, but if you really look inside my heart, you'd see the pain of being away from a loved one.
2 comments:
hubby and i were in a LD affair before and i know the frustrations being away with your labiduds. now, punta lang sa grocery si hubby, namimiss ko na kaagad...:-) hang in there. someday, you'll be together again.
hi! ive been to long distance relationship too! it is hard really but remember this is just temporary! your moments apart will soon be over..!im praying for both of you! take care!
Post a Comment